Human activity is threatening the health of the environment and jeopardising the future of our planet.
At Crown Oil, we realise that climate change is a serious problem that affects us all.
That’s why we’re committed to implementing effective carbon-cutting solutions at every level of our operations.
Doing our bit for the environment
Due to the nature of our business, we recognise that our operations have an effect on the local, regional and global environments.
As a consequence, we continuously seeking out new ways to reduce our carbon footprint and build a better relationship with the environment.
We have a number of effective carbon offset strategies in place to help us achieve this, but we started by implementing some simple but impactful ways of reducing our direct emissions in the office and on the road.
Here’s how we do it:
- We use energy-saving light bulbs and energy-efficient equipment
- Where possible, we only use electronic communications to reduce paper consumption (e.g. online billing, e-mail, e-statements, direct debit, etc.)
- We encourage the use of public transport when possible
- We’ve implemented teleconferencing facilities in order to reduce the need to travel to meetings
- We use paper less and less these days, but when we do, we only use recycled paper
- Reduction, recovery and recycling strategies have helped us to massively reduce the amount of waste our operations produce
- We always recycle waste paper, print cartridges, electronic equipment and kitchen waste to eliminate methane production in a landfill
- Our tankers and company cars are regularly serviced to ensure fuel efficiency
- We encouraging our clients to purchase in bulk with neighbors to save fuel on delivery and decrease CO2 emissions
- Our employees are trained on environmental issues to ensure a full, cohesive team effort when reducing our carbon footprint.
On a final note, it’s important to remember that Crown Oil as one organisation cannot achieve sustainable development alone; we must all contribute together towards making a difference and achieving environmental sustainability.
Read our energy saving tips to see what you can do today.