Crown Oil is a reliable supplier of AdBlue. All heavy good vehicles manufactured after 2006 are required to use a process called selective catalytic reduction (SCR). This helps reduce the amount of harmful pollutants released from diesel-engined vehicles. AdBlue is a necessary component for SCR to take place. Our diesel exhaust fluid comes in secure packaging with clear instructions on how to use it. There is a specified tank on your vehicle for AdBlue. The SCR system in your vehicle is very sensitive. If you put anything other than diesel exhaust fluid in that tank, you risk damaging the vehicle.
Even water can damage the SCR system on your vehicle. So it is not advisable to water down AdBlue additive. If your SCR system is damaged, it can be very expensive to repair it, so it is important to be cautious when it comes to diesel exhaust fluid.
Tips about Using AdBlue
• The diesel exhaust fluid tank on your vehicle is clearly marked.
• You can never be certain of the quality of a product with a similar name. So make sure you always buy the product called AdBlue.
• When you need to refill, only use equipment that’s designed for diesel exhaust fluid.
• Always close the AdBlue tank cover firmly after refilling.
• Diesel exhaust fluid will start to freeze at -10°C but it can be used when it has thawed.
• If you need to clean your AdBlue container, use demineralised water.
• Use water to clean any AdBlue that has spilt on surfaces, inside your vehicle or even on the ground.
• Storing AdBlue in direct sunlight will damage the quality of it.
• Your tank which holds diesel fuel is not designed for AdBlue.
• The SCR systems can be damaged and cost a lot to repair if you put anything other than AdBlue in the AdBlue tank.
• Other fluids cannot be mixed with AdBlue – not even water, it will damage the SCR.
• If you think water or any other fluid has got into your AdBlue, do not use it and call us on 0845 313 0845.
To buy Adblue please call 0845 313 0845 now!