Make the switch to biodiesel
Crown Oil is a supplier of premium biodiesel, a more environmentally friendly alternative to diesel.
Our biodiesel fuel is carefully blended with vegetable-based oil and tested to assure the highest quality at our in-house blending facility.
Technicians and engine manufacturers recommend a 5% mixture of vegetable-based oil. However, we are able to supply higher concentrations of biodiesel to meet your requirements should you need it.
Call us on 0845 313 0845 to speak with an experienced member of our biofuels team and place an order today.
Benefits of buying biodiesel from Crown Oil:
- We’re a trusted supplier with over 70 years’ experience selling and distributing fuels and lubricants
- Our biodiesel is blended expertly with vegetable-based oils and tested rigorously to assure a high quality product
- Same or next day delivery service available if you’re in an emergency
- We’ll deliver wherever you are – we really do offer true national coverage!
- Buy in quantities from 10,000 – 36,000+ litres
- We offer some of the most flexible payment terms in the industry to suit your budget and schedule
- With our vast buying power, you’re guaranteed a great price for your fuel
- From our dedicated account managers to our delivery drivers, our service is famously friendly and personal.
Ready to order? Call us now on 0845 340 3986 to speak to an adviser.
What is biodiesel?
Unlike traditional diesel which is produced from mineral crude oil, biodiesel is produced from a variety of vegetable oils; palm oil, rape oil, canola oil, soy oil, linseed oil, coconut oil, mustard oil and cotton oil.
It can also be manufactured from tallow oil and waste/used cooking oils. The production of biodiesel can often lead to FAME (Fatty Acid Methyl Esters) in the fuel.
Bio-diesel offers similar power and energy content to ULSD (ultra-low sulphur diesel). It has emerged as a realistic and desirable alternative to mineral diesel and is becoming an increasingly valuable contributor to the world’s drive to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
It has been in general use for the last 10 years in Continental Europe. However, the majority of the UK biodiesel produced is expected to be used as a 5% blend with mineral diesel.
The main advantages of biodiesel:
- Virtually zero sulphur content
- Zero aromatic content (toluene and benzene)
- Comparable energy and power content to ULSD
- Flash point of 150 °C against 60 °C for mineral diesel
- Significant reduction in particulates (soot) and hydrocarbons
- 70% reduction of carbon monoxide emissions in diesel exhausts
- Non toxic and biodegradable; fully degraded from a waterway environment within approximately 28 days
- Significant lubricant characteristics enabling a reduction in wear
- Extended efficiency for injectors and for all engines using ULSD resulting in lower maintenance costs
Who can use biodiesel?
The transport sector is responsible for some 25% of UK emissions. Improving the efficiency of vehicles and reducing the need to travel are essential elements, but carbon reductions also need low-carbon fuels.
The government considers biofuels an important potential means of achieving the long term goal of zero carbon transport, including the introduction of the ‘renewable transport fuel obligation’ which requires transport fuel suppliers to increase sales of renewable fuels over time.
Even car-owners can use biodiesel if their vehicle has been modified correctly, but please check with your manufacturer when deciding to use biofuel if you’re not sure.
For more information on biodiesel, please call us on 0845 313 0845.
For full biodiesel specifications, please see our Biodiesel Briefing Note.