Delivering DERV (Road Diesel) Across the UK
DERV (Diesel Engine Road Vehicle fuel, also known as white diesel, ultra low sulphur diesel and road diesel), is most commonly used to power road vehicles with diesel engines. Our white diesel is derived straight from the refinery, meaning you’ll get your bulk supply from 1,000 – 36,000+ litres at the best possible price.
Our DERV meets the BS EN590 specification and contains all the necessary seasonal requirements for summer & winter grades, with winter grade fuel automatically available at Crown Oil from mid-November to mid-March.
If your business requires an onsite supply of white diesel to keep you on the road, choose Crown Oil. We’ve been a UK-wide trusted, family-run fuel supplier for over 70 years. and can deliver your DERV within 24-48 hours of order.
Get a quick and competitive road diesel quote, call 0330 123 1444.
Free DERV guide
Despite its widespread use, from lifting steel beams to paving roads and digging foundations, there are some uncertainties that surround its use. With new tax changes coming in for red diesel and different fuel specifications for DERV, it can be difficult to keep track of the rules and regulations. As a UK leading DERV supplier, we discuss this and more in our guide.
Why choose Crown Oil for white diesel?
- Standard 24 – 48-hour delivery – We offer a range of delivery options to make sure your fleet is always on the road
- Emergency delivery – If you need a DERV supply in just a few hours, take advantage of our 24/7 emergency service
- True nationwide coverage – We really will deliver your diesel to wherever you are; with fuel depots all over the UK, we have some of the quickest delivery times in the industry
- Bulk diesel quantities from 1,000 up to 36,000+ litres – To enable you to make more significant savings in the long run and for those of you who need regular top-ups, we can supply you with as much diesel as you need with a fleet of tankers on hand
- Flexible payment terms – We offer some of the most flexible payment terms in the industry for businesses to suit your budget and schedule
- Affordable prices – With our vast buying power, you’re guaranteed a great price for your diesel all year round
- Unrivalled customer service – From our dedicated Account Managers to our friendly Delivery Drivers, our service is famously professional yet personal
- Free Fuel Management Service – We understand how busy your lives can be when running a business. Simply opt-in when ordering your DERV and we’ll monitor your usage and provide top-ups when required
What is DERV?
DERV, which stands for Diesel Engine Road Vehicle, is a liquid fuel product that can be used in any diesel engine but is more commonly used in on-road vehicles to keep fleets moving. It is also commonly known as road diesel and white diesel.
What is the price of DERV?
Diesel prices fluctuate daily as a result of the global oil market, so it’s impossible for us to publish fixed prices online. There are also other variables that can impact prices, such as your required quantity and location. Therefore, it’s always best to speak to a fuel specialist who can check the current price. Our account managers know the market inside out, so will always do their best to get you a competitive price.
Red diesel duty is changing
DERV has similar properties to other diesel fuels, such as red diesel, so it’s important to know the rules and difference in tax rate when choosing fuel. Red diesel is a rebated fuel which has a much lower tax rate of 5% for volumes below 2300 litres. Any higher volumes, the tax rate is 20%.
The rules surrounding using red diesel are changing, with many sectors set to lose their entitlement from 1 April 2022. Please note – it’s illegal to use red diesel in road-going vehicles.
Are you looking for a cleaner alternative to diesel, one that reduces up to 90% net CO2 emissions?
HVO is an advanced renewable diesel fuel approved for use by a wide range of equipment manufacturers (OEMs). Offering improved all-weather performance, cleaner-burning and a vastly increased storage life, the sustainable fuel reduces net CO2 emissions by up to 90%.
Find out how HVO can fuel your business whilst slashing your emissions – call a member of our team on 0330 123 1444 or visit our HVO page for more information.
Looking for another environmentally friendly DERV?
We also supply Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel too, with substantially lowered sulphur content. Since 2006, almost all DERV fuel available in Europe is of a ULSD variety. For full DERV specifications, please see our Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel datasheet.
Crown Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel (EN590) is a low sulphur road fuel, suitable for all road vehicles powered by a diesel engine;
|Appearance||Clear and bright, free from visible sediment and water.|
|Density @ 15°C g/ml||0·820 min – 0·835 max|
|Cold filter plugging point|
| Winter °C (2)|
Summer °C (2)
| Winter °C (2)|
Summer °C (2)
|Flashpoint (PMCC) °C||56 min|
|Cetane number||51 min|
|Cetane index||46 min|
|Viscosity cSt @ 40°C||2·0 min – 4·5 max|
|Sulphur % Wt||0·001 max|
|Copper corrosion 3 hr @ 50°C||class I|
|Micro carbon residue:-|
|Residue wt on 10% bottoms||0·30 (note 3)|
|Ash % Wt||0·01 max|
|Particulate matter mg/kg||24 max|
|Water mg/kg||200 max|
|% Vol Rec @ 250°C||65·0 max|
|% Vol Rec @ 345°C|
|95% Vol recovered ºC||360·0|
|Oxidation stability mg/100ml||2·5 max|
|Polycyclic aromatic||11 max|
|Lubricity, Corrected water scar||460 Diameter @ ºC|
- Latest Test Method or technical equivalent it used
- Unless otherwise advised the following seasonal dates apply at point of sale:
- Summer: 16th March – 21st October
- Winter: 22nd October – 15th March
- May contain an ignition improver in which case the MCR test is not valid.
The above are typical figures, and we reserve the right to alter the specification without notice. Nothing on this specification constitutes a guarantee
Caught without fuel on the road? Fuel cards can help
We know many businesses will fill up on-site but may need to turn around when vehicle’s fuel tanks run low – or else pay hefty prices at petrol stations and service stations. Many businesses may prefer not to hold oil storage tanks on the work site – and that’s fine too. If this sound like you, perhaps it’s time to apply for a fuel card.
For businesses always on the go, Crown Oil offers fuel cards for businesses that offer savings, security and the convenience of letting you fill up at thousands of petrol stations around the country. Learn more by calling 0330 123 1444 today.
Whether you’re ready to place an order for DERV or still have some questions, give our diesel experts a call today on 0330 123 1444 to see how we can help you.