The Cleaner Heating Alternative to Gas Oil
Furnace fuel (also known as industrial heating oil) has been specifically developed as a commercial heating oil to replace gas oil (red diesel) in commercial boilers. Its clean-burning characteristics make it an excellent choice for your commercial heating needs.
The below video explains how you can switch and save with furnace fuel.
What is furnace fuel?
- Fully compliant to BS EN 2869, Class D parameters
- Looks different to gas oil due to having a straw colour tint to it
- Can also be used in commercial boilers – no need to purchase a new boiler or consult an engineer before use
- Unlike other fuels with high bio-elements, furnace fuel has been designed not to cause issues with fuel tank seals
- Obtained from petroleum distillation
Although furnace fuel is a substitute for gas oil, it cannot be used in diesel engines. Using it in commercial vehicles such as forklifts and tractors is illegal and can result in prosecution
How will furnace fuel benefit me?
It’s cheaper than standard gas oil (red diesel)
It will reduce your carbon emissions and improve boiler efficiency
It’s stable to -24°C so it works in lower temperatures than standard gas oil
It’s less damaging to fuel tank seals than other fuels
How do I store furnace fuel?
Furnace fuel is extremely toxic to aquatic animals, so it’s legally required to be stored away from open water areas and water sources in a bunded tank. As a leading fuels and lubricants specialist, we supply a variety of sizes, forms and volumes to suit your needs, including bunded oil dispensing units and movable bowsers.
Interested in purchasing furnace fuel for your commercial heating system? Get in touch with us today on 0845 313 0845.