Red Diesel (Gas Oil) Delivered Across the UK
Red diesel (also known as gas oil, marked gas oil, marked EN 590, 35-second oil, tractor diesel and cherry red) is the low-tax fuel that is popular in the agricultural, marine and technology industries.
As a leading fuels and lubricants supplier across the UK, we are relied on by countless organisations to supply their red diesel, thanks to our first-class service and efficient deliveries.
To order red diesel, call us today on 0330 123 1444 to speak to a fuel expert. They will be able to answer any of your questions and provide you with a quote based on the latest gas oil prices.
Is your sector affected by the red diesel duty changes?
As of the 1st of April 2022, the UK government has removed the entitlement to use rebated fuels, including red diesel for many sectors. This has required many businesses to use fuel that is taxed at the standard rate for white diesel. The change in legislation is to encourage users to switch to more sustainable fuels.
Who can use red diesel after 1st of April 2022?
From the 1st of April 2022, red diesel usage is restricted to the following qualifying purposes:
- Agriculture, horticulture, fish farming and forestry vehicles & machinery
- To propel passenger, freight or maintenance vehicles designed to run on rail tracks
- Heating and electricity generation in non-commercial premises, including state schools and hospitals
- Community amateur sports clubs, as well as golf courses
- All marine craft refuelling & operating in the UK, except for propelling private pleasure craft in Northern Ireland
- Travelling fairs and circus machinery
If you can no longer use rebated fuels, you must switch to products (diesels or biofuels) whereby full excise duty is paid, such as white diesel and white HVO. For clarification on the new rules, please call us on 0330 123 1444 to speak to a fuel expert.
Looking for red diesel prices?
With the ever-increasing prices at the pump and overall costs of running a business, it’s important to find ways to cut your outlays. As a nationwide fuel and lubricants supplier with vast buying power, we purchase all of our fuels in bulk so we can pass on these savings to our customers.
There are also ways to ensure you get a low red diesel price. When you buy a large amount of red diesel in one delivery, that will give you a low price you pay for your red diesel order.
Get latest red diesel prices from Crown Oil today. For a quick and up-to-date quote, call our friendly team on 0330 123 1444 or fill in our form and we’ll get back to you soon to discuss your red diesel delivery.
Looking for a low carbon alternative?
HVO is a direct replacement for red diesel that offers improved all-weather performance, particulate-free running and a vastly increased storage life of up to 10 years, whilst lowering net CO2 greenhouse gas emissions by up to 90%.
Interested in seeing how much CO2 you’d save when switching from red diesel to HVO?
Visit our carbon calculator page to calculate your carbon footprint
Find out how the fossil-free fuel can power your success whilst slashing your emissions – call a member of our team on 0330 123 1444 or visit our HVO page for more information.
Red diesel FAQs
If you’re buying diesel for your business and you’re unsure of whether gas oil or white diesel (DERV, road diesel) is best, visit our red diesel FAQ page, where we answer some of the most common questions we are asked by our customers.
What is red diesel?
Red diesel is a low duty form of white diesel which can be used in untaxed off-road vehicles and machines i.e. in agriculture, rail transport and non-commercial electricity generation and heating. As red diesel is minimally taxed, it cannot be used as automotive diesel fuel in normal cars.
Customs and Excise regulations require minimally taxed diesel to contain a special red dye to enable inspectors to quickly and conclusively identify the presence or previous illegal use of the fuel and take appropriate action against the offender. Penalties can include having your vehicle detained and fines.
If your business is looking for an efficient supplier that is able to deliver anywhere in the UK, then call us today on 0330 123 1444 to make an order or request a quote. Alternatively, you can fill in our short form on this page and a member of the team will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Can you use red diesel for heating oil?
As of the 1st April 2022, red diesel is no longer permitted as a fuel for commercial heating. Our industrial heating oil (IHO) is the perfect alternative to using gas oil (red diesel) to heat your business for a fraction of the cost. Please note, IHO is strictly prohibited for use in both on and off-road vehicles and any other mobile or static engines. Its benefits include:
- Compatible with BS2869 Class A2 10 ppm & Class D 1000 ppm (except for Cetane Value) – meeting British standard BS 2869 for heating oil
- Same calorific value as gas oil – giving you the same heat output for less money
- Same physical properties as gas oil – no burner modifications required
- Totally miscible with gas oil – no need to empty fuel tanks before changing to IHO
- Low CFPP/pour point – allows year-round summer/winter performance
- Reduced sulphur content – lowers acidic flue gas emissions by up to 50% compared to Class D gas oil
- FAME/biodiesel free – reducing the potential for a bacterial attack on the stored fuel
- Contains multifunctional additive – provides fuel system cleanliness and corrosion protection, reduced emissions and combustion chamber deposit control
- Light colour, low odour and sediment-free – much cleaner than other commercially available products
Red diesel for sale
Crown Oil is a fuel supplier that is relied on across the UK for meeting businesses’ red diesel/gas oil needs within 48 hours of order. With competitive rates and nationwide delivery, as well as being available at short notice in an emergency, there are plenty of reasons to buy red diesel from Crown Oil. Just call 0330 123 1444 to speak to a member of the team.
Why choose Crown Oil for your red diesel?
- Standard 24 – 48 red diesel delivery – We offer a range of delivery options to ensure you never have to wait for that much needed red diesel delivery, or even worse, experience business operations downtime
- True nationwide coverage – We really will deliver your red diesel to wherever you are; with fuel depots across the UK, we have some of the quickest delivery times in the industry
- Bulk red diesel quantities available – To make bigger savings in the long run and if you need regular red diesel top-ups, we can make bulk deliveries from 500 – 36,000+ litres, made possible with our wide range of tankers
- Need a small delivery? – Don’t worry, we can also supply our fuels and oils in 205-litre oil drums if you don’t have an on-site storage tank
- Flexible payment terms – For our business customers, we offer some of the most flexible payment terms in the industry to suit your budget and schedule
- Affordable prices – With our vast buying power, you’re guaranteed a great price for your gas oil all year round
- Unrivalled customer service – From our dedicated Account Managers to our friendly Delivery Drivers, our service is famously professional yet personal
- Free Fuel Management Service – We understand how busy your lives can be when running a business. Simply opt in to our free fuel management service when ordering your red diesel and we’ll monitor your usage and provide top-ups when required
If you’d like to learn more about our red diesel, or even our carbon offset red diesel or HVO fuel, give our red diesel experts a call today on 0330 123 1444. You can also request a quote over the phone and also place an order.