National fuels and oils supplier
As one of the largest fuels and lubricants suppliers in the UK, we have the use of over 80 oil tankers and strategically located depots across the country. This enables us to reach you within a matter of hours, wherever you are, at any time of day (or night!).
Whether you require a full 36,000-litre oil delivery on an articulated tanker or 500 litres on our baby tanker, we will have your fuel with you before you know it.
The consequences of running low or out of fuel
If you leave your fuel tank dangerously low, you not only risk unplanned downtime, but you also risk the fuel filter becoming clogged from sludge that has built up over time.
Boilers can also fail to ignite once the tank has been topped up. This is due to air lock which occurs when air is drawn with oil through pipes from low levels of fuel. If this occurs, the boiler can be bled but it can be a lengthy and messy task.
To prevent the above issues from happening, we recommend always keeping your tank topped up, particularly during the cold months.
How to avoid running out of fuel
Fuel consumption generally increases during the cold months so it’s important to know how much fuel your business is using. To avoid heaving to rely on emergency deliveries, follow these tips:
- Order in advance – ordering during the warmer months will not only help you save money on your deliveries (when demand is low) but it will guarantee that your tank is topped up in plenty of time
- Invest in tank telemetry – through the installation of sensors, our tank telemetry service will monitor your fuel usage and alert you when it drops below a certain level
- Choose Crown Oil as your fuel supplier – when you sign up, you will be assigned a dedicated Account Manager who will help you manage your oil usage, helping you to keep your tank topped up
Things to ask yourself before requesting an emergency fuel delivery
- Do you need fuel delivery in the next few hours?
- Are you a commercial/industrial or public sector organisation?
- Are you able to arrange payment via credit card or relevant purchase order?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, then call us now on 0330 123 1444 to speak to one of our emergency oil delivery team, who will be able to talk you through our emergency oil service that will ensure your business or organisation is refuelled urgently.